Rhubarb
The quest is on...I'm not convinced that it's a craving, although I am finding it hard to convince myself of this. It's totally the wrong time of year to find the fresh stuff easily so I am having to make do with rhubarb yoghurts form Sainsbury's. This week I tried their rhubarb crumble...Peter convinced me that it would make economic sense to buy the family size rather than the indivdual double pack. When he returns tonight and finds that there are still two helpings left in the fridge i think he will change his mind! As crumbles go it will never match up to a homemade crumble, but was a good attempt on Sunday when I cooked it...yesterday tea-time it wasn't bad after being heatedin the microwave...I'll see how it fairs later today...
If anyone knows where I can source some of the fresh stuff it'd be great to know! I know of a market gardener in Yorkshire which grows the good stuff in sheds all year round..but they don't seem to have an online outlet...Trouble is by the time it comes into season proper, Junior will have other things he/she wants to try!

2 comments:
I just looked on Tesco.com and they say they have it there... Alternatively, you could try here. Good luck on your quest for the holy rhubarb!
I love rhubard, I am now dreaming of a rhubarb crumble, perhaps I should make one.
I am a granny expecting 4th grandchild around 22nd March 2005 - not long. Take care, good luck with pregnacy. Granny
Post a Comment