Saturday, 23 April 2005

Album Art

Over the last few weeks I have been slowly adding albums to my iPod (in no particular order and with no particular discretion...) And as a result I have been a bit rubbish at adding the Album Art. That is until yesterday when I found a nifty little bit of software which goes off and finds it all for you...iArt

It has two modes Automatic where it finds the best match for the track or Manual where it finds anything vaguely like the track or album name and allows you to choose what art you want to add. I must admit its a bit hit or miss on the automatic and you can end up with a different album cover than you were expecting...but if you can be bothered to sit and check each album art selection in manual mode then that's the way to do it! Fortunately it does allow you to skip the tracks which have art or you could overwrite it - it's up to you!

If there's anything better for doing this bothersome task out there it would be great to know!

1 comment:

Jonny said...

'lo! You could take a look at iAlbumArt which is by the same guy who wrote iPod-Sync. I bought the latter 'cos it's so good, but haven't had a chance to look at the album art one...