Mine's a double....
...discectomy that is.
Things have been a bit hectic since my last post...I was in quite a bit of pain after Sunshines Christening so I went to the docs to get a referral for another epdiural (as it was decided that maybe it was worth anoother go). Well, on Thursday I got a call from the hospital and I had an appointment with the consultant on Monday. Okay, that's kind of quick, Peter made me pack a bag just in case but we didnt really think that anything would happen on Monday...and bang! 'The epidural has done all it can, time to take them out...I have a space this afternoon or do you want a few days to get your life together?' 'err, it's as together as it can be, let's do it!'
And that was it, admitted to hospital and operated on in one day. Got to come home on Wednesday as physio and everyone else waas happy with my recovery. Lucky for the squeamish there are no pictures of my staples...although the nurse did tell me that there were 12 of them!

2 comments:
I was doing fine until you mentioned the staples!!! Get well soon.
Ken
I hope the recovery is quick nad uncomplicated. Get well soon.
Post a Comment