Friday, 19 January 2007

Free-cycling

[Freecycle Logo]
At the end of the month our council has decided that it is going to trial fortnightly collections in our area which could pose a problem for me in my ever escalating de-cluttering program as I'll be able to put less stuff in the green bin (which is actually our rubbish bin...our recycling bin is blue!)...so I found this site and joined a couple of local groups and I have successfully freecycled some babygros and some freezer baskets (which were just attracting more clutter!) This has also enabled me to reduce the stuff we send to landfill...(pat on the back for me!)...and some of the stuff which has accumulated!
So if you don't think you can eBay something because it's not worth much but still has some useful life left in it...there may be someone who will take it off your hands! (I don't think you would believe some of the stuff which people try to get or get rid of!)

No comments: