Thursday, 15 March 2007

Viking Night

As we were in Sweden doing a project and the pilot is underway, we celebrated by having a Viking night at Odinsborg in Gamla Uppsala.
This is me trying to balance on the stone on top of the mound which was used by the Swedish kings to hold court...it was a bit windy which is why I look like I'm struggling!


We ate at Odinsborg (Kings Graves) and this involved dressing up in Viking tunics and hats....

Eating without the aid of knives and forks (unless you were vegetarian....although strictly speaking I am sure any veggie viking would have been run out of town!) and drinking beer out of horns! Very tasty ribs and chicken accompanied by raw vegetables and a wonderful mushroom soup to start.




Anyway, much beer was drunk (from horns or otherwise) and many songs sung....a good team-building night out!

There are some more photos here and here and maybe even some video at some point...but that may be going too far!

Because I only had my phone to take photos, most of the photos posted here are Nick's...Thanks Nick!

1 comment:

Markie said...

It's all rather scary...