West Country Holiday
We have just spent a week as a family in the West Country. Accompanied by my parents and of course by the clement 'Cornish sunshine' (=rain). 
We stayed at the Crylla Valley Cottages which is a well laid out, I hesitate in the use of holiday park...it's a collection of cottages which overlook the valley of the River Lynher at Notter Bridge (just down the hill from Saltash). The accommodation couldn't be faulted and the location is ideal for the nearby beaches of Looe, Downderry and Whitsand Bay. If the weather had been nicer, then we would probably have spent more time on the beach...but it's difficult to tell as Sunshine has a fairly short attention span (being a toddler)! A definite bonus was the leisure membership at St Mellion Golf & Country Club as we could take Sunshine swimming which she really enjoyed especially when we bought her a float...I think if she had had a float suit or a ring she would have been off on her own! Her confidence in the water has dramatically improved and she is quite happy throwing herself into the pool at her parents!
A favourite was the Aquarium in Plymouth...each time we have been it has been slightly different...I am still mourning the absence of the Weedy Sea Dragons...and it was a shame there wasn't very much in the touch pools...I think they were gearing up for the school holidays!
As tradition dictates, I had to take a picture of the fish/crustacean/sea bird thingy which stands at Mayflower steps on the Barbican...
Unusually, we only managed a cup of tea at Cap'n Jaspers.
I think we all enjoyed the Eden Project, although I think my visit may have been enhanced by not wrestling or watching Peter wrestle Sunshine all afternoon! I was amazed at the sheer size of the place and the organisation was brilliant. If I went again I think I would spend more time in the biomes before exploring the outside gardens...there was so much to see and read and by the time we got inside, Sunshine had lost interest...


All in all a pleasant week, even with the rain, but trust the sun to come out for our journey home!
There are some more photos here...

We stayed at the Crylla Valley Cottages which is a well laid out, I hesitate in the use of holiday park...it's a collection of cottages which overlook the valley of the River Lynher at Notter Bridge (just down the hill from Saltash). The accommodation couldn't be faulted and the location is ideal for the nearby beaches of Looe, Downderry and Whitsand Bay. If the weather had been nicer, then we would probably have spent more time on the beach...but it's difficult to tell as Sunshine has a fairly short attention span (being a toddler)! A definite bonus was the leisure membership at St Mellion Golf & Country Club as we could take Sunshine swimming which she really enjoyed especially when we bought her a float...I think if she had had a float suit or a ring she would have been off on her own! Her confidence in the water has dramatically improved and she is quite happy throwing herself into the pool at her parents!
A favourite was the Aquarium in Plymouth...each time we have been it has been slightly different...I am still mourning the absence of the Weedy Sea Dragons...and it was a shame there wasn't very much in the touch pools...I think they were gearing up for the school holidays!
As tradition dictates, I had to take a picture of the fish/crustacean/sea bird thingy which stands at Mayflower steps on the Barbican...
Unusually, we only managed a cup of tea at Cap'n Jaspers.I think we all enjoyed the Eden Project, although I think my visit may have been enhanced by not wrestling or watching Peter wrestle Sunshine all afternoon! I was amazed at the sheer size of the place and the organisation was brilliant. If I went again I think I would spend more time in the biomes before exploring the outside gardens...there was so much to see and read and by the time we got inside, Sunshine had lost interest...



All in all a pleasant week, even with the rain, but trust the sun to come out for our journey home!
There are some more photos here...

No comments:
Post a Comment