Sunday, 13 April 2008

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

I loved this book! It was a mooch from the states in return for one of my difficult to get hold of books...I wasn't sure what to expect entirely although I do know it has been made into a movie (which I haven't seen...but will probably go on my list of chick-flicks to watch!) It was very moving and I would recommend it to anyone - well, anyone female!

I guess the synopsis is that it is a story of discovery for one woman who is having a bit of a life-crisis and blames her mother for everything she can't get a handle on. So the bulk of the book is a chronicle of key events in her mothers life and the life of the Ya-Ya's. Read it!!

I'm having a moment of indecision as to whether to put it up for mooching again...but I guess I'll need the space soon...

No comments: