Brussels..
Well, I'm here! Not for as long as previously expected cos the customer postponed the project for a while..but hey I have a couple of days! Yesterday had an early start in the UK and I met DJ at the Heathrow...well on the plane as it seems he had a mad dash to catch the flight! The flight was not uneventful..I nearly wore half a bottle of water courtesy of the steward (who was most apologetic for the rest of the flight!)..I say nearly as most of it landed on the newspaper I was reading! Gideon from the Benelux office picked us up and we went off to site and met up with Glen...training commenced!
Yesterday evening was a bit of a beer sesh for the boys...starting at La Lunnette (at the recommendation of Rene...This resulted in 4 huge glasses of various contents being brought to our table..I think it must have been about a litre of beer! We moved on to a restaurant on the Grand Place called 'T KELDERKE
the food was good (if a little salty for my taste)... the company fab Glen and DJ in combination are...well, it certainly made up for my dullness in the beer stakes!
We went onto a couple of other, what can only be described as backstreet bars, but they are really hidden gems...free from tourists (but I gues Jan/Feb is hardly the tourist season!) I can't remember the names of either of the bars but I'll check today! In the last bar we played a game which involved throwing brass discs at a brass frog. Th ewinner being the person first to get to 5000 points...needless to say I had a girlie throw and completely missed the room let alone the target (which is shameful as I hadn't been drinking!) It would be cool to know what the game is called..so if anyone knows...?
All in all the boys looked after me well, and I was soon tucked up in bed ready for sleep and an early start this morning! Time for breakfast...

No comments:
Post a Comment