Hoorah! She's here!

So I think that the curry must have done the trick...Peter and I have a gorgeous daughter (her name to be revealed shortly - btw we have chosen one!)...after starting regular contractions on Wednesday evening (which then subsided around bedtime) the full force of them was realised on Thursday morning...after a sleepless night and dispatching Peter to work at 830am....I decided that I'd had enough and that it was time to go to the hospital!
The midwife who helped me out for the first part of the labour was impressed that I had managed to get 4cm dilated and fully effaced before giving in! (Sorry if this is too much information). I managed to get through the labour with entonox and a shot of pethidine...
Baby Allen arrived at 1835 hrs on Thursday weighing in at 9lb 4.5oz with a head circumference of 37cm (and if that doesn't make your eyes water I don't know what will!!
All I can say now is that it's lovely to be back at home in the peace and quiet away from the wards, other peoples babies and the cleaners! Now the fun begins...

2 comments:
T.M.I
But congratulations to the whole of the Allen family :-)
Congrats to you all! Can't wait to see my new niece :D and NO I'm not.... four IS enough.
She looks really sweet.
Post a Comment