Monday, 26 June 2006

Wedding, Work and Water(y things)

I seem to be getting more and more rubbish at updating my blog...anyway,a few things have happened since my last post...there was Harry and Marianthi's Greek wedding for starters - Jonny did an excellent post regarding this and I can;t even attempt to top it! Just a note...it was fantastic and Peter and I were out two days less than everyone else :(. Sunshine in the meantime went to stay with my Mum whilst we were away.
I finally started work again last week and after a day of slight weirdness, it all seemed a bit normal. I must admit I'm a little rusty on a lot of things but I'm sure I'll be up to speed again soon! Thank you to Jonny and Mandy who looked after/put up with (delete as appropriate) two out of the three nights I was in Altrincham!
This last weekend there was a family gathering in Plymouth to celebrate 90th, 60th and 30th birthdays which was fun...a long trip and we were a bit worried how Sunshine would cope with it all - but no need! She was a star! Fortunately the weather was fab so we managed to wander around the Hoe, have a cream tea and go to the National Marine Aquarium. The aquarium has changed a bit since we last went in 2000 but we all enjoyed it. It's scary to think that it was 16 years ago that I first went to Plymouth...so much seems to have changed...old haunts converted into upmarket estabishments, the invasion of the pub chains into the Barbican. Fortunately Cap'n Jaspers is still there....although a Jasperizer is probably a bit much for breakfast!June 06 079 There's more Plymouth photos here

1 comment:

Jonny said...

It was "looked after", and it was two nights and a few hours before your flight too ;-) Anyway, we enjoyed it - Oh, and thanks to the link to my blog!